"All the random things in life that inspire me, some I create, some I spot and those I aspire to.
It's random, but then again, that's the point."
-SMASH

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Bold_in_the_Bath

 The days of being limited to a 12"x12" tile for your bathroom walls are over. I love these three bathrooms. The idea of walking into a bathroom to find a beautiful surprise on the walls awaiting you makes me smile. I am always looking for a way to include the element of surprise in my designs. The one place that most designers choose to be boring is in the bathroom. You can walk through an amazing restaurant or commercial office space and then head to the bathroom and discover a boring drab forgotten design opportunity. I think a design experience should extend through the entire breadth of a project. From the first second of entry down to the doorknobs you touch to open the door, there should be thought put into the experience I think these designers nailed that in these 3 spaces

Lovely tile work and sleek thin mirror, you see just enough.

Cool wall graphic and super sculptural tub offset by the wood flooring.
The contrast of the old wood and modern bath fixtures with a funky tile pattern is so cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment