"All the random things in life that inspire me, some I create, some I spot and those I aspire to.
It's random, but then again, that's the point."
-SMASH

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Rustic_Resting_Places_Done_Right

Everyone dreams of having a cabin in the woods or having some rustic element in a space. I often find inspiration from the well loved and well used elements that signal a life of outdoors, but being a modernist at heart I have a hard time imagining a space where these rustic articles live hand in hand with my modern aesthetic. Here are some examples where it has been done well. Perhaps there is hope yet for a merger of modern and rustic sensibilities!

Love the rustic wood paneling with the simple black bar that contains the fireplace and the table. Everything else in the space is white. Brilliant.


Reclaimed timber turns into a stunning staircase.

I love the steel next to the reclaimed timber and the modern staircase.

This is actually just clever wallcovering.

No comments:

Post a Comment